NEW for 2017: Swift microwave wart removal – simply the most effective treatment available.
Free yourself from embarrassing, unsightly and painful warts, FAST! with state-of-the-art Microwave treatment that’s hassle-free and safe. Add in 17 years experience and FREE Chiropodist consultation and you’ll see why patients pick Pod.
WART REMOVAL TREATMENTS – the options.
Leaving the wart to go away itself is an option, however you may want removal if your wart is painful, is spreading or is causing you distress or embarrassment that affects your lifestyle or self-confidence.
We now use Swift Microwave Therapy to treat 90% of verruca cases. We have experience in providing other treatments too:
- MICROWAVE TREATMENT: This is by far the most popular option amongst patients for a number of reasons:
- Most effective of all treatments
- Fast treatment time (5 seconds!)
- Little / No Impact on lifestyle
- No drugs
- No chemicals
- No needles, scalpels or injections
- No dressings or home care necessary
- Can be used in a number of medical conditions
- LASER TREATMENT: Highly effective treatment however can be painful; this makes it unsuitable for large, or mosaic verrucae. Local anaesthesia injection is often required. The disadvantage of the anaesthetic is that you are unable t0 drive due to numbness, for up to 12 hours after and therefore need to allow for this.
- FREEZING (Cryosurgery): This uses Liquid Nitrogen to freeze skin infected with the virus treatment; it is usually painful, both during AND after treatment.
- FREEZING (continued) Dressings are required as blistering usually occurs. The treatment involves frequent check-ups at intervals of 7-10 days which may not suit a busy or active lifestyle. Pain-killers are usually required. Often requires numerous repeat applications.
- SALICYLIC ACID MASKS: Unlike acid containing products available from Pharmacies, this treatment involves placing a strong acid on the wart then applying padding and dressings. This “mask” stays in place for 5-7 days during which time, it MUST be kept completely dry and activity should be avoided; for these reasons it is less popular than our other options.
- SURGERY: Invasive methods like surgery have downsides such as pain and long recovery times and they can therefore impact on lifestyle.
- PHARMACY TREATMENTS: There are a variety of applications available from pharmacies both over-the-counter or on prescription. They are often similar to each other in that they contain acids but not as strong as those used by Chiropodists. They can must be used with care and the treatment is often laborious with frequent application, filing and dressing of the affected area; improvements to the condition often take a long while. Their use is not advised in diabetes. Freezing treatments from Pharmacies are generally not as cold as the those used by Chiropodists so are generally considered less effective.
WART REMOVAL TREATMENTS:
1) Swift Microwave Treatment
Swift microwave is the newest, as well as being the far most popular, treatment for wart removal; it is quick, hassle-free and safe – no drugs, needles, scalpels, paints or potions, just the very latest tech and over 16 years of experience in wart treatment.
- WART TREATMENT FOR CHILDREN – Swift treatment allows us to safely treat children from age 8 years and upwards subject to chiropodist assessment (CRB Checked)
- Most people with warts would be able to have this treatment. Our Podiatrist will carry out an assessment prior to treatment to confirm
- Microwaves have been in clinical use for over 30 years, and are used globally in the effective treatment of cancer. The same fundamental technology that powers Swift, is also being used in the treatment of lung, liver, kidney and breast cancer in countries all over the world.
- Aside from the kitchen appliance, microwaves are used in a number of everyday applications. Standard wifi uses microwaves, mobile phones, bluetooth, and cordless phones all use microwaves to send data over short distances. Furthermore, most satellite communications systems (including GPS navigation systems) are also based on the use of microwaves – we interact with microwaves in more ways than we know, every day.
- A clinical study carried out by the University Of Southampton recruited 32 adults with one or more persistent verruca for a court of unto 4 treatments, roughly 4 weeks apart. In order to be eligible for the research, patients had to have had their verruca for at leat 1 year and failed to respond to previous treatments. The results showed that out of 54 warts treated with swift microwave therapy, 76% of verrucae had resolved, 94% of the resolved verruca cleared after 3 treatments or less.
Cost Of Microwave Treatment:
Prices start from £125 per treatment for upto 3 verrucae depending on the severity of the condition. We provide a FREE consultation to assess the condition and answer any questions you may have. There is NO OBLIGATION to have treatment after this consultation.
See what patients say about our microwave treatment for Warts
WART REMOVAL TREATMENTS:
2) Laser Wart Treatment
We use Nd:Yag medical laser to remove warts; this is a highly effective wart treatment. It minimises discomfort whilst providing great results and reduced recovery times.
- We use Nd:Yag medical thermal lasers for wart removal wth great effect and outstanding results
- It works by rapidly heating the wart and its blood supply to a high temperature therefore destroying the wart as well as the virus.
- The treatment aims to reduce a patients physical and psychological discomfort and prevent spread.
- Patients can experience some discomfort during treatment but the actual process is fast, targets only the infected tissue without damaging the healthy skin surrounding it.
- Any discomfort experienced during wart treatment, disappears immediately the laser stops, leaving just a warm, tinglingly sensation. Patients with sensitive skin benefit from the use of anaesthetic cream to numb the area ready for treatment.
- Most people with skin lesions would be able to have this treatment. Our Podiatrist will carry out an assessment prior to treatment and be able to advise you on this.
- After the wart has been removed, the area may feel sore but patients can continue with normal day-to-day activity.
- Some darkening of the skin may be noticed, but this is normal and temporary.
- The number of treatments required to remove warts is affected by the number, location, size and on how you respond to treatment. In some cases, you may need more than one treatment Our Podiatrist will be able to discuss this with you.
Cost of Laser Treatment for Warts
|Multiple/Mosaic Warts||From £150|
|Email Photo for Assesment||Free|
|Spirularin Barrier Cream||£20|
WART REMOVAL TREATMENT – THE RESULTS!
Pictures say more than words ever could – see some of our success stories, (in some cases life changing), in these before and after images of verruca removal treatment
FREE CONSULTATION – BOOK NOW!
Have your WARTS assessed FREE of charge by a Specialist Chiropodist with over 17 years experience.
Limited appointments are available from Monday to Friday 9.30 to 6.30 – reserve your space now!
Questions? Use the contact form below to get in touch, and we’ll get back to you pronto